These are absolutely my favorite snack for having on hand. They are crunchy and sweet, trust me you’ll want these as a staple for snack time. I even put a few bags in my car in case I’m stuck somewhere and getting overly hungry. These are great to tide you over for a few hours. Chickpeas are low in fat and high in fiber. They are a nutritional powerhouse of vitamins and minerals including iron, zinc and potassium.
- Serving size: 8
- Calories: 135
- Fat: 3.4
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Sugar: 2
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 6
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1½ tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse and thorougly dry the chickpeas.
This is a very important step to make sure your chickpeas are crunchy. Roll them in a paper towel and then let then sit uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- While waiting for the chickpeas to dry, mix the oil and cinnamon together and set aside.
- As you roll the chickpeas many of their outer covers will start to fall off, take these off, if you have the time (say an extra 15 minutes you can remove all the outer layers although I’ve found this just takes too much time).
- Once the chickpeas are totally dry coat in the cinnamon oil mixture and lay on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then sprinkle them with the sugar, back in the oven for an additional 20 minutes. Check the beans a few times to make sure none are burning. Take one out and test it for doneness the beans should be crispy crunchy.
- Allow to cool and serve, delicious.