Signature Meals Part II-Take out
After work as you’re driving home, you realize you’re starving… What should you eat for dinner, pizza, a burrito, Chinese food? I’m guessing a freshly prepared salad with homemade dressing and crunchy cucumbers, juicy tomatoes and thinly sliced carrots is not at the top of that list. That is why it is so important to create your own signature meals that are easy to make and delicious for you and your family.
You don’t have to be a professional chef to have great signature meals in fact signature meals don’t even have to be prepared by you! The idea is to have some ideas for healthy meals that you know you love and make you feel good because they are packed with nutrient rich ingredients.
Signature take out meals are tasty, nutritious, and satisfying. These meals should be on your drive home so you can make a quick pick up on the way home if you just don’t want to cook or didn’t prep food earlier in the week.
I’ll share with you my top 5 signature take out meals:
- Grocery store
- rotisserie chicken, corn tortillas, salsa, shredded cheese and lettuce
- sushi rolls from the deli and edamame
- Favorite Pizza Restaurant
- Thin crust pizza topped with veggies, lean meats like chicken or shrimp. Make sure you pick up a large salad.
- Chinese Food
- Steamed brown rice (if available)
- Water chestnuts and snow peas
- Kung pao chicken
- Grilled fish, shrimp or chicken tacos (hold the sour cream) add guac, lettuce and lots of salsa
- Cheesecake Factory (or any of your favorite restaurants that has nutrition information online!)
- Weight management pear and endive salad, simply delicious
- side of steamed broccoli and green beans
- Grilled fish of the day
What are your top signature meals from take out? I’d love to hear from you.