I love holidays. I love all the preparation and enjoyment that goes into planning for them. This year will be especially fun because I have 2 daughters and I am so excited to show them how fun celebrating the simple things in life can be; love, affection, friendship, flowers, sweet smelling candles, pretty decorations and your favorite foods i.e. lobster.. and dark chocolate. I decided to decorate the house with balloons, freshly cut flowers, ribbons and red and pink hearts. I even make some fresh flower leis for the girls to wear (not really they were fake but good idea for next year :))
I also wanted to teach them the joy of giving and being kind. Giving out Valentines Day cards is a great way to express to someone that you care and are glad they are a part of your life.
Here are some simple tips to make this holiday healthy and focused on love, giving and beauty:
- Give out Valentines cards to your friends and family. E-cards are great too!
- Choose lots of red fruit to eat during the day. My family loves strawberries, raspberries and watermelon.
- Make food in the shape of a heart. Use the cookie cutter to shape more than cookies like heart shaped sandwiches or pancakes.
- Make things look and smell pretty in your home today. Decorate in red hearts, throw flower petals around the house, light sweet smelling candles.
- Indulge a little in your favorite sweet treat. Today’s the time to eat a little of our favorite dark chocolate or lava cake.
This Valentines Day I plan to smile more, take some time to smell the roses, and savor the day!
Happy Valentines Day.