Garden Fresh Blanched Green Beans and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Recipe type: Appetizers
I went to a summer party this year and my friend brought this lovely appetizer. So clean and fresh and totally guilt free. Blanching the green beans keeps their crisp natural flavor and preserves the bright green color.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
ideally from the local farmers market
- Classic Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Begin by bringing a gallon of water to a boil in a large pot
- While you are waiting for the water to boil, clean and trim the green beans. I typically use kitchen scissors to snip the ends off.
- When the water comes to a rolling boil add in the green beans and cover the pot, allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Using thongs remove green beans and submerge them in a prepared ice water bath.
This stops the cooking and preserves that beautiful green color.
- Leave the green beans in the ice water for 6 minutes before removing.