If the only thing you’ve done with chia seeds is grow a pet then you’re in for a treat.
Chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse. They not only contain omega-3 fatty acids but are an abundant source of fiber 10 grams per ounce, that is 1/3 of your daily value. Although flax seeds have more research out chia seeds are sure to contain even more health benefits that we will discover in the years to come. This pudding is a great end to your day, reminiscent of good old fashion tapioca.
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 10
- Saturated fat: 3
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Sugar: 7
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 4
- 1½ cup milk (soy, almond, coconut, regular)
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbs. sugar in the raw
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- berries to garnish (I love fresh strawberries and blueberries)
- In a small bowl, stir together the milk, chia seeds and sugar in the raw, vanilla and cinnamon. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. The chia seeds will puff and expand.
- Pudding may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Before serving, stir once and spoon into serving dishes. Garnish with fresh berries and serve immediately.